Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Running From Zombies - Alteration Tutorial

I've been getting back into running slowly and at the same time have been loving the newest series of "the Walking Dead". I haven't seen the earlier ones, but hopefully a DVD set will rectify that at some point. 

So when I saw this tshirt at my local MOD surplus store (Gillings, it's The Best) I knew I had to have it!


Unfortunately it was a men's size XL. Gratifyingly big on me! Not so nice for running in. 

I took a little (shrunk, thank you tumble dryer) dress I have that I like the fit of and laid it centrally on top of the shirt. 


Cut around one side. Along the arm too so it was longer than before. Make sure you leave a gap around the edge big enough for your hem. I left about a cm as I didn't want it to be too bulky. 


Fold it over with the fold right down the centre so that it's nicely symmetrical and cut the other side to match the first. Because it's T-Shirt material it doesn't fray so you don't need to worry about the edges. 



Then all that's left to do is to turn the shirt inside out and stitch along the cut edges making sure to line up the cuff and hem neatly. You could pin first, but I just winged it! 


Love my vickers sewing machine! 


Aaaaaaand you're done! 


Geeky posing and gun props optional! 


Love my new T-Shirt! 

Jo :-) 

1 comment: