Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

January Aim 2014

Well. I'm a day late with this which doesn't bode well. On the other hand, I had a wonderful day yesterday lounging with the other half on the sofa while he played flight simulator and I watched the TV series of Pride and Prejudice! Lovely. 

 
So. Hello January. 

My aim for this month is two fold really. 

1) to finish as many sewing, knitting and crochet projects as I can. Chunky blue scarf that's been on the needles for about a year, I'm looking at you! 

2) to sew more of my clothes for our holiday to India. I wanted to so this last year, I even have a pattern for some nice high waisted shorts, so I've got no excuses really. 

We're off on the 17th. So I don't have much time. I may take some crochet things with me, but that'll be it. 

Things I'd like to finish for India:

1) Evening dress that's still on the mannequin. Needs the side seams sewing, bias binding finished, the back of the skirt hemmed and a couple of straps adding if I get the chance! 

2) Halter neck top in Hawaiian print. Very pin up for by the pool! 

3) Shorts in Hawaiian print. To match. Obviously....

4) Wrap around circle skirt. In Hawaiian print. (Yeah I got some free fabric. Check for another blog post in a few days!) This is my own pattern, to go over the shorts with the top to look like a dress but still be practical! 

5) Denim shorts. Simple. Classic. To be used all summer!

6) A couple of sheer blouses (time permitting) for evening wear. 

Knitting and Crochet

7) pink beret. 

8) green headband. 

9) cream scarf. 

10) chunky blue scarf. Apparently I find it difficult to knit holes :-S 

Hmm. Ten things is probably enough for two weeks, with mostly just weekends to do sewing and evenings for wool work! 

Wish me luck! Otherwise my holiday wardrobe will be sorely lacking! 

Jo :-) 

P.S. how many unfinished projects do you have lying around? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment