Pages

Monday 6 October 2014

Banana Chocolate Cupcakes - Vegan Recipe

I made these the other day for my Dad's birthday. They're very rich and moist and very chocolatey! The recipe makes 10 small cupcakes. Or fairy cakes. But not big ol' muffins! 

Ingredients:

1 fairly ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
A heaped table spoon of dark cocoa powder 
50g muscavado sugar (could be subbed for other sugar but this is very rich!)
50g vegan margarine 
75g self raising flour 

Method:

Mix the first three ingredients together. Mashing the banana until it's as smooth as possible. 

Add the sugar and the margarine and beat together. 

Add the flour a bit at a time until it comes together in a smooth, glossy, fairly thick consistency. 

Restrain yourself from eating it out of the bowl....

Divide into cake cases!


Bake for 15 minutes in a 180 degree C oven until a skewer comes out clean. 


I hope you enjoy them! 

I want to try out more egg substitutes in my baking as cooked banana isn't always my thing!! Dad loved them though:-) 

Jo :-)

1 comment: